Thousands of Syrians displaced as threat of Idlib attack grows

Russia 0 Comment 0

UN warns Idlib civilians could be facing worst humanitarian disaster this century

The first signs of the predicted mass movement of Syrian civilians seeking to escape an imminent joint Russian-Syrian air assault emerged on Monday when the UN said 30,000 of the 3.5 million people in the opposition-run enclave of Idlib had already been internally displaced.

The UN has warned that Idlib could turn into the worst humanitarian disaster of the 21st century as hundreds of thousands of civilians surge to the currently closed Turkish border to evade an assault led by the regime of President Bashar al-Assad.

Related: Syria: Idlib braces for assault as Russia and Iran dismiss ceasefire calls

Related: Syria: Donald Trump says slaughter in Idlib would make US ‘very angry’

Continue reading…
Source: russia
Link : Thousands of Syrians displaced as threat of Idlib attack grows

Author

Leave a comment

Search

Back to Top