The secretary of state omitted his line from earlier in the week on US openness to talks ‘without pre-conditions’ following a rebuke from the White House
Rex Tillerson has said that the US was keeping channels of communication open with North Korea but said Pyongyang would have to “earn its way back to the table” with a “sustained cessation of threatening behaviour”.
In his remarks at a ministerial meeting of the UN security council, the US secretary of state appeared to restate an offer of a dialogue following a pause in nuclear and missile testing that he made on Tuesday, but cast it in tougher language following a rebuke from the White House. Tillerson omitted a line restating US openness to talks “without pre-conditions” that had been in a text of his speech circulated earlier by the state department.
Link : Rex Tillerson scales back offer of opening dialogue with North Korea