The US secretary of state had previously said he hoped the country would give up weapons by January 2021
The US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, has backed away from a previously stated goal of North Korea giving up its nuclear weapons by the end of Donald Trump’s first term in January 2021.
Pompeo is set to visit Pyongyang on Sunday for nuclear negotiations, his first trip since an earlier one was cancelled by Trump over a lack of progress. While the president has boasted of his success in reducing tensions with North Korea, he said last week he did not want to “play the time game” with nuclear talks, and instructed Pompeo to avoid setting a timeline.
Link : Pompeo backs away from North Korea denuclearisation timeline